online service terms
SDLT COMPASS SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY CLICKING ON THE “www.client.sdltcompass.co.uk” LINK BELOW YOU AGREE TO THESE AUTHORISED USER TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
- Who we are
- Your privacy
- Changes to these authorised user terms
- Restrictions on use of our SDLT Compass service
- Intellectual property rights
- Referrals to Cornerstone Tax 2020 Limited
- Audit Trail
Your attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of clause 13 (Limitation of liability).
Who we are
SDLT Compass Limited (company number 13248338) (we, us and our) is a company registered in England and Wales and our registered office is at Milestone House, 18 Nursery Court, Kibworth Business Park, Kibworth Harcourt, Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom, LE8 0EX. Our VAT number is 377787915 . We operate the website http://www.sdltcompass.co.uk.
Your Data: the data (including personal data relating to your clients) inputted by you or Authorised Users for the purpose of using the SDLT Compass Service.
Changes to these authorised User Terms
We may need to change these authorised user terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with changes made to the online services terms relating to our SDLT Compass Service (our “SDLT Compass Service” is the service you are about to access through this website).
We will notify you of a change when you next log into our SDLT Compass Service.
If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use our SDLT Compass Service as an authorised user.
Restrictions on use of our SDLT Compass service
- You undertake:
- a) you will keep your password secure;
- b) you will not access, store, distribute or transmit any Virus (defined below), or any material during the course of your use of the SDLT Compass Service that:
- a. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- b. facilitates illegal activity;
- c. depicts sexually explicit images;
- d. promotes unlawful violence;
- e. is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability; or
- f. is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property;
- and we reserve the right, without liability or prejudice to our other rights, to disable your access to our SDLT Compass Service in the event of breaches of the provisions of this clause.
- For the purposes of these authorised end user terms “Virus” shall mean any thing or device (including any software, code, file or programme) which may: prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or network, any telecommunications service, equipment or network or any other service or device; prevent, impair or otherwise adversely affect access to or the operation of any programme or data, including the reliability of any programme or data (whether by re-arranging, altering or erasing the programme or data in whole or part or otherwise); or adversely affect the user experience, including worms, trojan horses, viruses and other similar things or devices.
- c) You shall not:
- a. except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement:
- i. attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the SDLT Compass Service and/or Documentation (as applicable) in any form or media or by any means. For the purpose of these end user terms “Documentation” shall mean the document we make available to you online via http://www.sdltcompass.co.uk or such other web address we notify you from time to time which sets out a description of the SDLT Compass Service and the user instructions for the SDLT Compass Service; or
- ii. attempt to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the SDLT Compass Service; or
- b. access all or any part of the SDLT Compass Service and Documentation in order to build a product or service which competes with the SDLT Compass Service and/or the Documentation; or
- c. use the SDLT Compass Service and/or Documentation to provide services to third parties other than in the normal course of business; or
- d. license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the SDLT Compass Service and/or Documentation available to any third party; or
- e. attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the SDLT Compass Service and/or Documentation; or
- f. introduce or permit the introduction of, any Virus (as defined above) or Vulnerability into our network and information systems. For the purposes of these authorised end user terms “Vulnerability” shall mean a weakness in the computational logic (for example, code) found in software and hardware components that when exploited, results in a negative impact to the confidentiality, integrity, or availability, and the term ‘Vulnerabilities’ shall be construed accordingly.
- d) You will use all reasonable endeavours to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the SDLT Compass Service and/or the Documentation and, in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, notify us promptly.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the SDLT Compass Service and Documentation will be owned by us
Referrals to Cornerstone Tax 2020 Limited
- Our SDLT Compass Service enables you to make referrals to Cornerstone Tax 2020 Ltd (incorporated in England with company number 12164380 and with its registered office address at Milestone House, 18 Nursery Court, Kibworth Business Park, Kibworth, Leicestershire, England, LE8 0EX) (Cornerstone) or members of its group http://www.sdltcompass.co.uk/partners-and-clients/ for advice on the calculation of SDLT provided by the SDLT Compass Service. Where you have requested such referral to Cornerstone by clicking the “refer” button on screen, we will pass your contact information to Cornerstone (together with the contact information of your client) so Cornerstone may:
- (a) contact your client directly to contract with them to provide Cornerstone’s advice; and
- (b) liaise with you in relation to the advice Cornerstone provides.
By clicking the “refer” button on screen, you will be confirming you have the consent of your client, or other legal basis under Data Protection Legislation, to supply their personal data to us for the purpose of:
- (a) us using their personal data as necessary to supply our SDLT Compass Service to you;
- (b) us using their personal data to refer your client to Cornerstone where you have requested us to do so; and
- (c) Cornerstone using their personal data to contact your client for the purpose of contracting with them when a referral to Cornerstone is made.
You agree to provide us with evidence of the consent, or other legal basis under Data Protection Legislation, referred to above where we have requested you to do so.
We will not be party to the contract between your client and Cornerstone. Accordingly, we make no representation, warranty or commitment and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever in relation your client’s contract with Cornerstone. You are solely responsible to your client for your recommendation to them to use Cornerstone for advice on the calculation of SDLT provided by the SDLT Compass Service
We do not charge a recurring subscription fee for you to use our SDLT Compass Service. However, in consideration of us providing the SDLT Compass Service you must pay our audit trail fee (Audit Trail Fee) upon completion of each calculation of stamp duty land tax made using our SDLT Compass Service.
Unless we have otherwise agreed in writing with you, the Audit Trail Fee is the price quoted on our website at the time of you calculating the stamp duty land tax concerned using our SDLT Compass Service.